Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is the most difficult yatra to organize. There are several factors that
makes it tough and only the experienced can organize it in an efficient way. The journey to Mount Kailash
is one of contrasts. From the busy streets of your city & Kathmandu, to the plains of Tibet, from modern hotels
to more modest dwellings, from flying to trekking on the paths up the side of the mountain, it is the spirit that
drives the pilgrim. Pilgrims not only have to experience this contrast but also have to acclimatize to the
contrasting weather conditions in Tibet.
Tibetan government provides special Tibet Permit just for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra and is difficult to get because
of the varying rules and regulations of the Tibetan Authority. TIbet is a remote area which lacks good services. Apart
from the dormitories, the toilet at many places are primitive (pit system).
Natural disaster can happen at any time, most importantly, bad weather with heavy snow fall, which can play a key
role during Kailash Parikrama. We need to be aware that we are travelling at a high altitude and moreover, trekking
will be challenging.
Permit & Visa Procedures
For Indian Nationals
- Apply for Tibet permit (photocopy of your passport along with your occupation details are required)
- Procure the permit from Lhasa (usually takes 15-20 working days)
- Apply for Chinese Visa based on the permit at Chinese embassy in New Delhi (require original passport)
- Passport usually delivered at our office after getting Group Visa (any delay, can collect at Kathmandu,
you can reach Kathmandu with a Voter ID; Passport not compulsory for Nepal)
- Don’t require Nepali Visa.
For Non-Indian Nationals
- Apply for Tibet permit (Color photocopy of your passport along with your occupation details are required)
- Procure the permit from Lhasa (usually takes 15-20 working days)
- Apply for Chinese Visa based on the permit at Chinese embassy in Kathmandu (require original passport)
- Nepali Visa – Multiple Entry (Upon arrival at Kathmandu Airport; Passport is Compulsory)
The Chinese Visa is a paper based group visa.
Temperature And Weather
Weather conditions from May to September in Tibet, can be expected to be dry and sunny, with precipitants in
July and August, day time temperatures can be as high as 24 degrees centigrade in Tibet. The average daily
temperature will be 10 degrees centigrade, however, the intense sun at high altitude can make it feel even
hotter. There will be incredible drop in temperature from early afternoon to evening time, temperature at
night-time can drop to almost 3-4 degrees centigrade at many places and can go negative at places above 18000
Fitness : Planning & preparation
Please start to get in shape NOW!!! A good 30 minutes walk, jogging daily, stretching and regular exercise
should put you in the right shape (Concentrate on your heart & legs Aerobics).You need to increase your walking
habits, start doing some breathing exercises (Pranayama) with the consultation from your doctor. Reduce drinking
alcohol & smoking habits. Consult your family doctor to assess the state of your health for functioning safely
within your own limitations.
Age limit is 70 years old but we were able to get Tibet Permit for people aged 76 years also in the past.
However, we cannot guarantee that permit will be issued.
Kindly ensure that you are adequately insured for the full duration of the trip in respect of illness,
injury, emergency coverage, death, loss of baggage and personal items and cancellation and curtailment. We
can assist you in availing Travel Insurance.
Medical Fitness Certificate
You must be physically fit for Kailash Yatra. It is mandatory to provide a medical certificate. It is better
for everyone to take an advice from your family doctor for traveling in high altitude. Medical Certificate Format
can be downloaded from our Website.
Click Here to Download
Altitude Sickness & Emergency
- At high terrains, symptoms of altitude sickness (headache, loss of appetite, nausea, exhaustion,
sleeplessness, breathlessness etc. – pilgrims usually acclimatize in a couple of days. You can avail the
facilities of the Group’s Doctor / Medical Officer.
- We carry Oxygen Cylinders with Oxygen Pillows, wherein the Cylinders act as a reservoir for the pillows.
You can also purchase Portable Oxygen Cylinders at Nyalam for 40 or 50 yuans
- In case of non-acclimatization, the person will be transported to a lower altitude. The decision taken
by the Chinese guide and Tour manager are binding on the yatris..
- Your mobile with International Roaming works throughout, except few places in Tibet
- Make use of Net telephony in Nepal; costs just 3 Nepali Rupee per min. to India
- Purchase a SIM at Nyalam (Tibet); sms the no. to your near and dear ones back home so as to receive calls...
Vehicles / Transportation
- KAILASH YATRA : Make your own arrangements (opt for a single airlines) – guidance will be provided.
or you can also book through us (fare not included in the tour cost)
- We usually book Non Refundable Tickets so as to get better fare.
- MUKTHINATH : Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara and Pokhara to Kathmandu (included in the Mukthinath Package Cost).
Bus / Coach Arrangement
- A/C Coach for Kathmandu Local; Non A/C Bus from Kathmandu to Nepal Border & Back
- Eco Friendly Bus from Horchu – Manasa Parikrama – Base Camp & Return
- MUKTHINATH : A/C Coach for Kathmandu - Manokamana (Ropeway) - Pokhara
- Seat Allotment – Rotation basis (excellent road condition in Tibet)
- Take prior independent decisions on hiring Pony / Porters so as to get the numbers.
- Rates of Pony / Porters will be notified by the Chinese guide based on availability and demand. Prior
information to be provided to our escorting staff. Payment to be made directly to the Nepali / Tibetan Guide.
Once booked, they are Non Refundable.
- During Prakirama, packed lunch provided should be carried by the yatris along with one set of dress, items for brushing,
face wash etc.
- Duffel Bags will be in a truck at the base camp.
- Allotments will be on lottery system.
- Payment made will be for all 3 days inspite of the usage.
- Based on your health condition, you can stay back at the base camp / take up 1 day of the parikrama to
Dhiraphuk & back the next day / complete the parikrama.
Tibet Travel Bureau (TTB) & CISPC
- CIPSC (China Indian Pilgrims’ Service Center) has monopoly over handling the travel arrangements &
fix rates for the Indian pilgrims in Tibet side.
- CIPSC has recently increased rate because of the hike in international petroleum price, US dollar
depreciation, and raise in domestic labour cost and commodity prices.
- All arrangements within Tibet are solely at the discretion of the China Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB) & India Pilgrim Service Center (CIPSC),
both are government organizations
- TTB can deny permit or even stop giving permits from time to time.
Meals / Food
- Full course Vegetarian Meals during stay in Nepal
- Vegetarian Breakfast and meals will be prepared by competent Sherpa staff in Tibet
- Beverages like Coffee / Tea / Boost etc. will be provided during Morning Breakfast and Evening;
Hot Soup will be served before dinner; Combination of South Indian & North Indian Items like Rice,
Sambhar, Dal, Roti, Kichdi, Papad, etc. for lunch / dinner.
- We still recommend you to bring sufficient supplementary food like chocolates, biscuits, nuts,
bhujhya and your tinned products to add varieties to the meal.
- Water : Will be supplied in 20 ltrs jerry can; Sterilised water will be used for cooking and coffee;
Suggest you to carry a flask so as to keep the water warm. Bottled mineral water can be purchased from
shops enroute at cost.
- Warm water for face wash will be made available in plastic drums.
- 4 Star Hotel Stay in Kathmandu
- Best available accommodation at places of our stay in Tibet.
- Mukthinath : Twin sharing at Pokhara; 2-4 Bedded Rooms in Jomsom
Tour Cancellation should be made in writing.There is no refund for services not used. In case of any cancellation the booking amount will be completely forfeited. In addition, the following cancellation rules will be applicable on the balance amount payable.
- For Kailash Manasa Sarovar Yatra
- 21 days before tour departure : 30% of the tour cost will be levied.
- 15 days before tour departure : 50% of the tour cost will be levied.
- 07 days before tour departure : 75% of the tour cost will be levied.
- The above cancellation rules are applied as per the rules and regulation of China Tibet Tourism Bureau and (IPSC) Indian pilgrims service Center,China.
- For MukthinathYatra
- 45 days before tour departure : Full refund except for administrative expenses (apprx. Rs. 1000/- per head).
- 1 day prior to tour departure : Maximum of Rs. 4,000/- will be withheld.
Briefing / Orientation Session
We will be having a briefing session in Bangalore, where in you will also get to know your co-passengers.
Our old customers will also share their experiences with you and will be a worthy interaction session and all
further details will be provided during the session.
How to Apply
- Fill the application form carefully . (click to download)
- Affix one passport size photograph and enclose 2 additional photographs.
- Enclose a medical certificate duly certified by a recognised physician .(Click to download)
- Enclose a photocopy of the passport (passport valid for further 6 months from the date of touring)
- Cash/Demand Draft/Cheque for Rs. 10,000/- in favour of SHRI HANSAA TRAVELS, payable at Bangalore,
as advance; balance amount to be paid 30 days before the commencement of tour.
- Only for Karnataka Residents
- The Chinese Visa is a paper based Group Visa – Usually, no stamping on the passports
- Verify stamping during EXIT and ENTRY at Nepal Border (KODARI / SINDHUPULCHOWK) on your passports.
- Contact our office for further assistance.